[Sca-cooks] Substitutions for beef

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:32:16 PDT 2003

How very odd.  I haven't noticed any beef prices going up around here.  We
were doing some price checking at Restaurant Depot last weekend and I just
now checked the local Safeway flyer which offers whole boneless bottom round
at $1.79 lb./buy one get one free!  I did have to laugh though when I saw
Safeway is also offering Brie at $7.99 lb.  Restaurant Depot has a kilo
wheel for less than $6.00!
Olwen