[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

dailleurs at liripipe.com dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Oct 2 12:05:23 PDT 2003

hey all from Anne-Marie
(that's right, I'm back :), assuming anyone remembers me! ;))

on picky notables, I tend to ask them "if you were to go to a restaurant and have the best special occasion meal you could, what would you order?"

lets them think of "special occasion" food, instead of "what they cook for themselves".

Also I would strongly caution against trying to "fool" him or pull anything over on the poor guy...I would assume his palate is just uneducated, but it could also be that his stomach cant handle certain spices (note that all the foods listed are really bland albeit salty).

if he eats grilled cheese, he'll eat macrows, I bet (as folks ahve suggested already). there's even an italian version taht uses pasta and cheese without the spices (IIRC) but a bit of fresh herbs instead (parsley is pretty innocuous). Volunteer to make him a bowl at an event before the banquet so when he sees it he'll recognise it as safe and happy food.

Its nice to try and accomodate but you have a responsibility as the head cook to provide tasty, cost effective and medieval food for your diners. If the good King is a true ruler he will surely not expect you to accomodate his wishes/needs at the expense of his populace :).

hope this is helpful,
--Anne-Marie