[Sca-cooks] Re: Small beer, was period beverages

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Oct 2 14:44:25 PDT 2003

> OK, question here. Is it ANY mint you dislike, or just
> certain flavors? For
> example, I love peppermint, but dislike spearmint. Because I
> dislike sweets
> in other than small doses, I'll avoid sekanjuban, but really enjoy
> peppermint iced tea. It's not a passionate dislike, unlike my
> feelings about
> bell peppers and licorice flavors, just one of those "will do it
> occasionally, but not very ofter, and given the chance, will
> make another
> choice " sorts of things.

Anything that remotely hints of mint be it toothpaste, beverages,
cigarettes, whatever will turn my stomach. Funny enough, I don't like
lamb either. Although the lamb meat loaf recipe in Eating Shakespeare is
somewhat palatable.

> about. Don't know what "imitation cherry" and "imitation grape" think
> they're imitating, but they certainly aren't imitating
> anything that ever
> grew on this earth ;-)

Another thing that hits my Eww Meter, fake fruit flavours. I can drink
Kool-Aid or Freshie occasionally but that's about it. I don't really
associate those flavours either with anything real. They're flavours
unto their own. The worst though... fake banana. EWWWW.

Micaylah