[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Oct 2 20:48:17 PDT 2003

> > Right... I'll bite.  What the h*ll is a 'ho ho'?
>
> Well, you won't have to bite very hard.
>
> As I understand it, they are a sort of Twinky

*smile* they are a Hostess brand pre-packaged snack cake that is a version
of a 'swiss roll'. Chocolate cake substance laid out, spread with cream
substance, rolled up, cut, and coated with chocolate coating substance.

The 'cream filling' is similar to that used in other prepackaged snack
cakes such as Twinkies.

Alternate versions of Ho-Ho's are marketed by Little Debbie's under the
name Swiss Roll something or other. (A box costs $1.09 and will last for a
week of snack-cake breakfasts...) I believe TastyKake also makes a version
but that one is even odder than normal for snack cakes.

-- Jadwiga (Why, yes, I do eat pre-packaged snack cakes for breakfast. At
Work. Washed down with diet cola. Urghh. But it's what you're used to, you
know?)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
 "in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)