[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sat Oct 4 08:36:23 PDT 2003

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>The *what???"
>--Maire "admittedly ignorant of too many things" NiNuanain, who mostly
>thinks of OZ food as things like Tim tams, and those shuddersome
>hamburgers involving beets and fried eggs....

In honesty, hamburgers with fried eggs (although, thankfully, not
beets) is, and has been for years, found in the US also. Essentially
steak and eggs (well, sort of) on a bun. [Buns being what Americans
call the rolls commonly eaten with hamburgers and hot dogs, for some
reason: I know of no other non-sweet usage for "bun" in standard
American usage. Cha siu bao don't count.]

Be that as it may, has the irony of Drake's request for more info on
the HoHo (it was he, wasn't it?) struck anyone as odd? Is he scoping
out his competition? Hostess being the manufacturer of the HoHo, and
Yodels, of course, being a... Drake's Cake.

Adamantius, bobbing briefly to the surface, or under it, as the case may be