[Sca-cooks] OOP gingerbread question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 7 21:59:59 PDT 2003

It is a manuscript cookbook given to Martha Dandridge Custis (Washington) by
her mother-in-law (?) after her marriage to Daniel Custis.  The earliest
identified recipe in the collection is from around the mid-16th Century and
the collection extends well into the 17th Century.  The book is worth
borrowing just to read Hess's commentary on dating the recipes.

It is a little pricey, but readily available.  I'd recommend borrowing a
copy first, then deciding if you want to add it to the collection.

Bear