[Sca-cooks] Kosher Feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 21:20:02 PDT 2003

Zach commented:
> >> This has got me wondering, if we ever get a royal to our new
> >> shire here in Israel, what their reaction will be to a feast
> >> that is kosher and probably somewhat middle eastern.
> >
> > Hhhmmm ... be sure to provide well armored documentation.
>
> Well the feast will be kosher because otherwise the shire won't eat
> it. We are in Jerusalem, and a fair part of the group are religous
> Jews. As for documenting kosher, that is easy, we will just show a
> copy of the Shulkhan Aruk or Mishna Torah (period codifications of
> Jewish law) to anyone who asks. Mind you we may show them the
> versions in hebrew. ;)
Okay, this explains why it will be kosher. But why middle eastern? A
preference of the group for middle eastern foods? Because you think
that if the King is traveling to the Palestine for an event that a
period Middle Eastern feast would be appropriate?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com