[Sca-cooks] Bread recipe request (OOP)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 10 13:06:23 PDT 2003

The best account from books on the shelf --

See The Scots Kitchen by F. Marion McNeill on page 230. She refers then
to her classic folklore accounts in volume 2 of The Silver Bough which I
own but is again boxed along with all the other helpful regional ones.
It's an elaborate preparation according to McNeill and not just an
everyday bannock. It originated in the Hebrides. I'll look but I'm not
sure that I will find much more than the description.

Johnnae llyn Lewis