[Sca-cooks] handmade pasta

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 14 19:57:51 PDT 2003

I have done homemade noodles for feasts before. One massive amount for
225 people and one smaller amount for 50 plus. I used a food processor
to make up the noodle dough, ran it through the handcranked pasta
machine, cut the noodles using the wide cutter (fettucini size. They
were dried and stored  in plastic containers until used for the feast.
It takes hours to do the noodles for 200 plus and I did them well in
advance. You have to have a place a dry them in and racks or chair backs
to dry them on too. Choose a dry day. If it's too humid they won't dry
well. This was one of those feasts when I did it all from baking all the
bread myself, making all the salad dressings, all the desserts, cutting
up all the chickens, deboning the lamb, etc. I was younger then.

Johnnae llyn Lewis