[Sca-cooks] New raisins in de Nola

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 15 07:10:54 PDT 2003

Brighid ni Chiarain commented:
>>>It might be an idea to try partly-drying some grapes in a dehydrator or a very
low oven.<<<

Or simply leave them in the refrigerator a while. :-( Personally I don't particularly like the texture of these wrinkled grapes, preferring either moist, full grapes or fully-dried raisins. Maybe the medieval folks felt the same way and this recipe is a way to use these. Or perhaps it is more of an indication of when this recipe was made, being sometime between grape harvest and when the grapes would have become raisins. I'm not familar with the recipe. What are the other foods in it? Perhaps if those foods have seasons it would give an idea of whether this food was specific to this time or not.

Stefan