[Sca-cooks] What to do with goat cheese...

margali mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 18 10:32:29 PDT 2003

lol, what to do with goat cheese....

put it into a 55 gallon bbl of cement, then place that bbl into an 85
gallon overpack, fill with cement and ship to the nearest hazmat
facility=)[per CFR :
3.0 Procedure.  Consistent with the policy of the Acquisition Management
System (AMS), the responsible IPT should comply with the following:

3.1 Provide the necessary resources to properly dispose of the
equipment, including any hazardous material contained in the equipment.

3.2 Coordinate with ANS-500 and AEE-200 for technical support regarding
hazardous waste content and regulatory requirements respectively.

3.3 Provide hazardous material identification information to all
contractors involved in equipment handling, shipment, and disposal.

3.4 Coordinate the removal, transport, and disposal of the equipment.
When disposing of equipment as hazardous waste, the IPT will use the
following guidelines:

3.4.1 Determine that the transporter and the receiving facility have
United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) identification
numbers.  Consult the USEPA about any violations, infractions,
inspections, or audits associated with either the transporter or the
receiving facility.

  3.4.2 Complete a Uniform Hazardous Waste manifest.  Only staff trained
in completing manifests may complete them.  Contractors may not sign
hazardous waste manifests in lieu of government officials at the
facility.  Some states require the use of state-specific manifests.  If
there are no state specific requirements, the USEPA’s Uniform Hazardous
Waste Manifest may be used (see 40 CFR 262.21 for rules of manifest use).

  3.5 Comply with all packaging and labeling requirements outlined in 40
CFR 260 – 280, and 40 CFR 761.

  3.6 Comply with all other applicable FAA reporting and record-keeping
requirements covering environmental and safety compliance and PCBs
outlined in FAA Orders 1050.17, and 1050.14A..

  3.7 Comply with DOT requirements for shipping and transportation in
the Hazardous Materials Regulations of the Department of Transportation
(49 CFR 171 – 180).

  3.8 Obtain a certificate of destruction (if incinerated) or a
certificate of acceptance (if landfilled) from the waste disposal facility.

  3.9 If hazardous materials are being transported for recycling, the
IPT will use the following guidelines:

  3.9.1 Use a licensed commercial recycler.

  3.9.2 Ensure packaging and labeling for transport is in accordance
with all regulations outlined in 49 CFR 171 – 180 and 40 CFR 260 – 280.

  3.9.3 Comply with proper FAA reporting and record-keeping requirements
covering environmental and safety compliance and PCBs outlined in FAA
Orders 1050.17, and 1050.14A.

  3.9.4 Attach a standard bill of lading to each shipment sent to the
recycler.  Prior to signing the bill of lading, cross check the shipment
to the bill of lading for accuracy.

<evil grin>

to me any goat products smells exceedingly STRONGLY of goat whiz....i
cant get it close enough to my mouth past my nose to taste it........
margali