[Sca-cooks] PDF Format

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 21 04:11:17 PDT 2003

> Another format, which I've been considering for some or all Florilegium
> files is Adobe PDF. Readers are widely available and those that have
> Apple OS-X can now generate PDF files as part of the operating system.
>
> Stefan

I really like PDF for files I'm going to print out, because the page
formatting comes across exactly and there are no printer surprises. This is
very important if there are photos or diagrams or specially formatted text.
I don't especially like it for things I am only going to read on the screen,
because PDF seems to take longer to load and to be more awkward to manage.

How difficult would it be, Stefan, to offer both formats for certain
documents? I don't expect you would need to do it for everything, just the
stuff with diagrams or other specialized formatting.

Aelfwynn