[Sca-cooks] Caramelizing onions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Oct 23 06:45:49 PDT 2003

Good ventilation seems to be key.  I had the opportunity this past
weekend of chopping/mincing something like 20 lbs of onions, and I
didn't tear up once, which was wonderful.  The kickers seemed to be that
I was a)using a decent, sharp knife and b)that our prep work was being
done in a restaurant kitchen, and it had a great ventilation system.
Now, of course, I want one of those knives....*sigh*....
--maire