[Sca-cooks] Garlic Challenge

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Oct 24 13:04:35 PDT 2003

Selene Colfox replied to me with:
Stefan  wrote:

>Selene said:
>Aeduin and then-new-fiancee Mary Taran were my helper-heroes this time. We did
>...garlic-stuffed chicken, "moretum" garlic cheese based on a
>poem from Virgil [how's that for documentation!]...
><<<<<<
>Recipes for these two please.

Sorry, Aeduin and Mary Taran cannot be reproduced in a home kitchen.
<<<<
LoL. I don't know. Have they tried? :-)

Oh, you mean the recipes from the garlic challenge?  As usual, those are
at home and I'm at work.  Have I not sent you these before?
<<<<

Oh. Err. Maybe. I just thought they sounded like they might be good. I didn't go looking for the recipes elsewhere.

>Not every bottled vinegar is nice
>enough to drink straight, but this is.
>
>I don't imagine they do mail order, do they?

Sorry no, but I could send you some.
<<<
Thank you.
You'd want to use it toute suite, it will keep aging.
<<<
Huh? What's "toute suite" mean? Quickly? I thought things usually got more mellow as they aged, rather than sharper? Hmm. Okay, cheddar cheese doesn't.

I didn't like the batch that I had let sit for a
few months last year, it became very sharp indeed.  Send me snailing
mailing info offlist please.
<<<

Done.

Stefan