[Sca-cooks] Mustard handout request

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 29 10:50:00 PST 2003

Gwen Cat asked:

I know there are a LOT of mustard recipes in Stefans Floriligium files,
but I seem to remember someone on this list had done a handout.  If
that person would contact me, please?
<<<<

As well as the mustards-msg file in the Florilegium, there is also this file. But I don't think this is a series of different mustard recipes, which is what you seem to be looking for:
Mustard-art        (5K)  9/14/00    "Mustard" by Ld. Daniel le Vascon du Navarre

Our Baronial cooks guild is planing to play with mustards at our next
meeting and if that handout were available we would not have to
reinvent the wheel by picking the good bits from the files.
<<<<<

If someone has made a handout such as this, even if much of the material is already in the Florilegium, please consider sending it to me as well. This way I can put it in the Florilegium and available for others like Gwen Cat.

PS Stefan, I will find you a couple of period German recipes that use
Juniper berries.. just as soon as I have a day to search through my
stuff.  I know there are meatballs simmered in a juniper scented broth
with parsnips..., and I think some others.
<<<<

Thank you. So far no one has posted any documentably period recipes that use juniper berries. This recipe sounds interesting, although I'm reserving judgement on the parsnips.

Stefan