[Sca-cooks] Walnuts and nut cracking devices

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Thu Oct 30 10:16:30 PST 2003

Was written:

> > I am looking for something which does a good job of getting the outer
(green
> > tennis ball like) shell off a walnut.  Any suggestions?

This just set me to thinking... when I was graduate student in Geology many
years back I remember tucked away in an odd basement lab a bench mounted
hopper fed crank operated device whose apparent fuction was the crushing of
rock samples.   Assuming that the output size is sufficently adjustable such
might work for depealing walnuts.

Daniel