[Sca-cooks] Thanks for the discussion

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 4 09:25:56 PDT 2003

	Thank you, Gunthar, I thought your edict was probably coming, and deserved.
Like I said, food can be very political, and true to most political debates,
it got emotional.
	As the one who started this, let me just say that I am pleased to see that
all parties agree that labeling is a good thing, so that you can buy what
you want, and stay away from those things you don't want.  If the awareness
for that issue has been raised by this discussion, I am happy.   I also hope
one of my original points wasn't lost, the one about trying to buy the best
products for the money you have available for your food budget on your
events.  Buying the cheapest food to save the most money is no longer an
attitude I shop with, and I hope to be able to pass that along as well.
Having complete labeling and READING those labels is integral to that.  I
hope more folks will read labels more often because of this discussion as
well.
	Christianna