[Sca-cooks] Atlantian cooks needed for help at Crown

Jane Massey dylansmom at cox.net
Fri Sep 5 10:55:07 PDT 2003

I am assembling a kitchen crew fro Atlantian Crown Tourney (Oct.31-Nov.2). It will be in Williamsburg, Va at the Jamestown Beach Campsites. I would usually have lots of help from my cook's guild but half of them are going to be at a wedding that weekend, so as of now I have 3 people to help me out with a consort's breakfast, lunchboard and a feast for 200 people. I lay awake at night worrying if I can get this done, so please help me ease my mind.  The kitchen is not the greatest (One commercial oven, 4 gas burners, 2 Portable gas burners and a very large commercial griddle, a good amount of fridge space, no dishwasher, galley type setting) so many dishes (Mostly pies) will have to be made off site. I mostly need help with prep work for the lunch (cutting veggies, cheese etc.), setting up the continental breakfast. Oh, and I should mention that the feast hall is upstairs and the Kitchen downstairs (a logistical problem, trust me I've cooked here three times). I usually very organized in the kitchen and I always keep beer, wine and chocolate around for the crew (Plus you get to eat lunchboard for free).

If you can help out please email me. (groveling here.) dylansmom at cox.net

Thanks,

Lady Lavender de Morten
Barony of Tir-y-Don, Kingdom of Atlantia
"Animis opibusque parati"