[Sca-cooks] Cookies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 00:53:09 PDT 2003

Magdalena replied to Samrah:
> I'd love those recipes!  The Kleiner sounds like the cookies that my
> Polish grandmother made, that I can pronounce but not even close to
> spell.  Kruchtiky?  Something like that.  Also called Angel Wings.
> They
> were flavored with cardamom and lemon peel, cut in diamonds with a slit
> in the middle, and one corner of the diamond was pulled through the
> slit
> to make a three-dimensional cookies.  Then they were fried.  Mmm mmm
> good.
>
> Samrah wrote:
> > Bless you, Bear. I hadn't found any docs on cookies; obviously my
> > reasoning was flawed. I do serve them often, but thank you for
> > alleviating that last bit of guilt! I probably should break out the
> > Kringler (kind of a flaky pie crust affair, brushed with egg white,
> > dusted with sugar) and Kleiner (cardamon flavored deep fried cookie)
> > recipes as well. Both recipes have modern leavening …
Hey, both of you.
For the last two years some of the folks on this list have been having
a cookie exchange near Yule where everyone makes a bunch of cookies,
packages them into individual sized servings and then sends them to a
central point where a set of volunteers resorts them so everyone gets a
taste of each type and puts them back into the boxes and sends them out
to everyone.

How about both of you joining this and making these cookies? I'd love
to get to try them.

Or, I do like care packages. :-)
Stefan
--------