Endangered Species was [Sca-cooks] Late-period Caribbean food

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 14:22:17 PDT 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: Dan Phelps <phelpsd at gate.net>
Ok let us all step back from the brink.  I am not now nor have I ever advocated dining on endangered species.  What I inquired about were period practices which may have persisted to the present in remote regions external, in the case of Cuba very external, to these United States.

Daniel

Daniel,

I did not think that you had any intention of eating manatee or other protected species.  I'm sorry if my message was not clear on that point.  I was simply trying to reassure Mistress Christianna that manatee would not show up on SCA feast tables, if only because there were heavy legal penalties for doing so.

Brighid ni Chiarain