[Sca-cooks] turkey roasters

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 10 22:35:16 PDT 2003

  Magdalena commented:
> Ooh, and a turkey roaster.  It's kind of like a giant-sized crock pot.
> I didn't believe my dad when he told me how fantastic they were two
> years ago at Christmas.  Didn't trust it to do a good job, or to cook
> the turkey as fast as he said.  Well, a 16.5 pounder cooked in 2.25
> hours, and was the best turkey we'd ever had, I kid you not.  Only
> problem was, there was hardly a drop of pan drippings for my gravy -
> the
> juices stayed locked inside the meat because the bird cooked so fast.
So, how are these different from putting a roasting pan in the oven?
Perhaps in a roasting bag? What are the pros and cons of each? What
else might these roasters be used for? chicken(s)? a pork or beef roast?

I seem to remember my grandmother having one, but my family never has
and I've never cooked in one.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas