apple stuff (was [Sca-cooks] New to list)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 23:48:07 PDT 2003

Ieuan introduced himself by saying:
> Greetings from Shire Eagle, I am new to  this list and would like to
> introduce myself. I am Ieuan Dragon. And I am into learning to add to
> my cooking skills,with some of the old recipes and techniks. At this
> time, I am trying my hands on making some shaker apple  sauce.
Welcome to SCA-Cooks.
As Bear asked, please post your shaker apple sauce recipe.
Here are a few files in the Florilegium on apple stuff which might also
interest you if you have more apples available:
fruits-msg       (104K)  5/21/02    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes.
Recipes.
fruit-apples-msg  (72K)  9/ 8/02    Period apples and apple recipes.
fruit-pies-msg    (45K)  1/ 5/01    Period fruit pies. Recipes. Baking
pies.
cider-art         (23K) 10/31/95    Article on brewing ciders.
cider-msg         (70K)  9/18/01    Apple and other ciders. Cider
presses.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas