[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Research was Yellow carrots?

Tue Sep 16 11:23:16 PDT 2003

In the case of the carrots, I was writing from memory.  About a year ago, I
spent two months locating sources and pulling together the information to
prepare a column on carrots for "Serve It Forth!"  Most of the information
is not from primary sources, but I'm keeping an eye out for references which
identify the primary sources and as I find them, I'll add the information to
my notes.

As for reading, I've averaged a book a day for forty-five years.  I am a
fast reader with good retention.  I own an extensive library and I tend to
keep a set of quick references to hand, at the office and at home.  Since a
large put of my job as a system administrator is knowing where and how to
find answers, research is a very comfortable environment for me.

Being on the list all the time is an illusion.  I follow the digest at work
and my time is such that I can crank out an answer while waiting for some
other work to end.  Add to that checking my mail at home early in the
morning and late at night, I get about 16 hours of coverage without a lot of
effort.

While I would banish sleep if I could, I still need 6 to 8 hours.

Bear