[Sca-cooks] forks (was Royal authenticity)

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Sep 29 08:29:35 PDT 2003

Brangwayna commented:

Of course, he's still doing it, as he's been a driving
force behind the rise of the East Kingdom Tournament company, the use of period
martial techniques, and is the person who taught me to eat without a fork :-)
<<<<<<
I would love to have an article or take a class on how to eat food without a fork. I'm speaking of the food of the Franks here, not that of the Moslems or Asians. I can scoop up food with flat breads or use chopsticks, but I'm not at all sure how to handle many of the foods commonly served at SCA and period feasts without a fork. Particularly pasta. But then I recently read that pasta was one of the reasons the fork came into use at the table.

Stefan