[Sca-cooks] Compost (no, not the garden stuff!)

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:41:51 PDT 2003

I've been nosing around, researching compost recipes for an article.  I've
checked the Florilegium and found the ones from Le Menagier de Paris and
Curye on Inglysch, and references to others in Apicius and in German
sources.  I've also found one in Manuscript UB Gent 1035, "Wel ende edelike
spijse", one in the "Anonimo Veneziano", and one in the "Llibre de Totes
Maneres de Confits".  In checking the German sources on the Internet, the
only compost recipe I've found is one for cherries, in (I think) Sabina
Welserin.  I'm not even sure where to begin in Apicius.

Does anyone have information on the German recipes, and where to find the
Apician version?

Thanks,

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson