[Sca-cooks] peeling onions/inability to cut onions

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 08:28:57 PDT 2003

Generys wrote about onion cutting drawbacks saying:

> I'm getting desperate, because having to break out the
> Cuisinart just to make dinner is a bit... much.  Help? :-)

All the suggestions so far work to some degree, but I think my personal
favorites so far are a combination of these three:

(1) make sure your non-serrated knife is sharp
(2) make sure your onions are cold
(3) wear swim goggles and hospital gloves

Honestly, you may look like an idiot for a few minutes, but better an idiot
than a blind one.

Iasmin "Many Times a Blind Idiot" de Cordoba