[Sca-cooks] NOT OT: genetically engineereed foods

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Sep 3 15:31:04 PDT 2003

i do not have any studies i could cite.....
what i do have is "anecdotal evidence"

including one first person incident. the person who told me this is allergic
to soy.  (yes this makes life hell, its in everything!)
they went to the hospital with an allergic reaction after eating a home
cooked a their own house meal.
local produce
nothing with soy product in it, and all prduce washed...
BUT
the local farmers had been using some GMOs, and while the plants they bought
were not from that farm, some of the neighboring farms were using GMOs that
included plants with Soy splicing.....

is this proof, no.  but i have no way of getting any "tests" or anything
from sources that are not out to prove their own agenda.....

i will state for the record that since my hands puff up, swell and bleed if
i HANDLE garlic, i get very concerned about any idea of garlic genes ending
up in some other plants.....

also, as soon as they objected to labeling it, i automatically assume they
are "up to something bad" since it must be bad if they dont want me to
know.......
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...