[Sca-cooks] NOT OT: genetically engineereed foods

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Sep 3 19:13:12 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

<Much snipped, having nothing to do with bio-engineered food>

 You have every
> right to feel that we're wrong, you even have a right to tell us you
> think we're wrong (though you were exceptionally rude in your delivery,
> that was your perogative,) but you don't have a right to stop us from
> making those decisions.  By failing to label GMO foods, you're stripping
> us of that right.  The FDA required every ingredient to be listed so
> people can make other kinds of food decisions.  Why are they balking
> about accomodating this right?
>
> -Magdalena

Yes, I was rude- I dislike mob mentality- which is now turning on me.

Is it too much to ask that you read what I actually wrote, instead of
whatever fires up your prejudices? My concluding paragraph was as follows:

> Having said, that, I will address MY personal concern with the situation:

> That it is felt expedient to keep this information secret.

> On the one hand, I can see the big companies trying to avoid boycotts and
> witch hunts, based on superstitious fear of the unknown, "What they don't
> know won't hurt them". On the other hand, I can equally easily see that
> they're hiding THEIR ignorance- and that's what scares me.

What in that paragraph disagrees with anything you said?

I will respond no more to this thread. It's obvious that no one wants to try
to understand what's happening, or pay attrention to anyone who DOES want to
try to understand, they just want to panic about it, and argue about their
own imaginary bugaboos.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.