[Sca-cooks] NOT OT: genetically engineereed foods

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:54:07 PDT 2003

>Well, you know, I don't really care who they are, or what they're called.
>Any person who refuses to eat perfectly good food, whether Jewish, Muslim,
>vegetarian, or just picky eaters, is in my mind an idiot who has never been
>truly hungry.

*major snippage*

>Saint Phlip,
>CoDoLDS

I hate canned peas with a passion. I hate them so much that I gag or throw
up if someone tries to make me eat them. (Not being a child anymore, I don't
have to worry about that.) I'd rather eat bugs.

GMO foods scare me. I don't like the idea of things being messed with on
such an intimate level and being released into the environment before the
people that are mucking with them know what they are going to do. There was
no way that any of these GMO crops would cross polinate with like crops.
This was a gauranty from the companies doing the research and playing about
with things that they haven't mucked with, in ways that they hadn't mucked
with them before. I never believed it, and I couldn't understand how anyone
could believe it either. I've planted stuff in the garden before that had
been hybridized, and sometimes got two or three different plants from one
seed. Like the time I planted pumkin and got that plus two different kinds
of squash. BTW, I dug the seeds out of said pumpkin myself. Anyway, back on
topic. Surprise, surprise! Oops, we made a mistake, they can
cross-pollinate!

I don't trust GM foods, and I won't for another 20 years or so, at least.
There has not been enough research done on them, in any way, by any one, to
convince me that they aren't or are safe, but the people who have voiced
their concerns about these foods have very convincing arguments that sound
like they are based more in reality then the ones that the companies throw
out to convince me that they are safe. So I will opt on the safe side and
not trust these foods until all the research is in.

And if the entire world disagrees with you, then the whole world is a mob of
idiots.

And this is the only thing that I am saying about the whole GMO food debate.

Just another idiot in the mob.
Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com

BTW, if this thread has been killed before I send this, I sincerely
apologize.