[Sca-cooks] Mongol Feast Questions

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 20:55:46 PDT 2003

Maggie MacD. wrote:
>While reading though, I did find references to just plain vegetable matter.
>I think the one we're going to incorporate in the Soup for the Qan course
>is going to be the one for spinach, fried with garlic.  Do you need the
>page reference? (I found it by simply going through the index and finding
>all references for spinach in there).

Thank you, but i know the recipe - Isfanakh Mutajjan. I cook it often
when camping. I love the stuff. I use lots of garlic and cumin and
coriander and oil to get the texture and flavor of the silq i had in
Morocco. Amazing, same ingredients as in Al Bag Daddy. But the
Moroccans like the cumin to be the predominant flavor. I had been
putting stressing the coriander, because that's my preference, but
now i use more cumin. Also, i'm generous with the oil. I like the
nice unctuous texture it had in Morocco.

Anahita