[Sca-cooks] Lovage vs Angelica??

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Sep 8 08:26:15 PDT 2003

lovage and angelica are two different plants.
they taste nothing alike
they LOOK nothing alike to me. anyway.

however......
folks names can get very confusing.  many plants have the folk name "saints
____" or "angels ____" so it is possible that lovage was called angels
something or other, or angelica, in some areas.

when in doubt go by the latin name to avoid just that kind of confusion...
Verbena and Vervain spring to mind...... there are THREE types of plant
called "Vervain" and they are NOT the same plant.
(Angelica Archangelica is often used in magical work. but lovage isnt much
used anymore. just a tidbit of info there)
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...