[Sca-cooks] Late-period Caribbean food (was Asking a favorofPhlip]

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 9 07:10:02 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Are those the tiny bananas?  hmm..that would be very nice if it were true.
> I am quite fond of the tiny ones.
> And would the plantains then be served with honey as the custom currently
> does?
> Olwen

Plantains, can, I believe, be tiny, but the difference between plantains and
bananas, for practical purposes, is that plantains require cooking to
release the sugars, whereas banans can be eaten raw, since the sugars are
already developed.

Raw plantains, whether green or ripe, can be pretty nasty- they're pretty
starchy, and are generally used as a starch in the cuisines that use them,
sorta like potatoes, whereas bananas, as we all know, are used as a fruit.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.