[Sca-cooks] OT: Kitchen appliances and gadgets

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Wed Sep 10 15:20:18 PDT 2003

The gadgets I use most often are a veggie steamer and one of the little
handi-chopper mini food processor type things.  I also like my vacuum
sealer.  It's great for freezing things like wild salmon that are *way*
cheaper in season.  I'm also loving my Cuisinart food processor.  I
don't use it often, but when I do need it it's a lifesaver.  And let's
not forget Ye Olde Crock Pot.  Invaluable for pot-lucks and barbeques.
Ooh, and a turkey roaster.  It's kind of like a giant-sized crock pot.
I didn't believe my dad when he told me how fantastic they were two
years ago at Christmas.  Didn't trust it to do a good job, or to cook
the turkey as fast as he said.  Well, a 16.5 pounder cooked in 2.25
hours, and was the best turkey we'd ever had, I kid you not.  Only
problem was, there was hardly a drop of pan drippings for my gravy - the
juices stayed locked inside the meat because the bird cooked so fast.

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei