[Sca-cooks] PLEASE read [Was: Mail server problems???]

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Sep 10 19:14:29 PDT 2003

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Olwen the Odd wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> > I am getting more and more notices of returned or delivery
> > failure saying stuff like MAILER DAEMON at cornel, or @serv1,
> > or smtp1, or smtp2  Anybody else getting these??  I had
> > like 20 of them in my junk mail box this morning.  One or
> > two will pop up every time I mail something out.
>
> Not recently, although a couple of weeks ago, somebody on
> SCA Cooks (had both my address and Robin Caroll-Mann's
> address, and this is the only list we're both on) got that
> Sobig virus.  And then I got a whole bunch of them.  I was
> not personally infected, but the virus was using our addys
> to send copies of itself to other addresses, and when those
> bounced, I got error messages.

Just about the same thing is happening to me.  ... In my case
I am getting error messages from the Ansteorra list server.

... and that is a _guarantee_ that someone who is subscribed
now (or within the last 18 months) is infected with sobig or
klez.

> Make sure you're not infected, and the nuisance will
> eventually go away.....
> --maire

No, No, No ... Please make sure that you AND all of your
friends aren't infected and it will go away.

BTW, I find that http://www.directdeals.com has low prices.

e.g. $49 Symantec Norton Internet Security 2003
         NEW, retail box

     $12 Symantec Norton Internet Security 2002 (for win98,
         2000, XP home) NEW, retail box

They have some older versions and/or OEM (CD-ROM ONLY) that
will work and are even lesss expensive.

If you are not sure what to do or what to get, please ask
someone local for advice.

I am,
Lord Vincenzo Martin Mazza,
In Service to the Dream