[Sca-cooks] turkey roasters

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 12 04:43:26 PDT 2003

I just did some price comparisons online and the price is in line with
other 18 quart models with buffet inserts and non-stick linings from the
cooking equipment stores. I know that this company sells with a
guarantee which means that one can return things that don't perform or
work out which is something that I look for these days.
(I can't think of a local store that offers these large scale roasters
around here, even around the holidays. Propane outdoor fryers seem to be
the range and fancy convection ovens. Also eating out at the local
buffet saves people the bother. This may vary of course depending on the
area of the country one lives in.)

Walmart.com is offering a different model a GE without inserts that is
labeled as easy to clean (it's not non-stick) for $29.00. They don't
quote a shipping price w/o going through the ordering process.
That might do very well for buying for group use. That price puts it
into the price range a slow cooker. I don't know what a Walmart store
would sell the same model for. The closest is perhaps 30 miles from
where I live and I've not been there for years.

How often are they used? 3-4 times a year at most.

Johnnae llyn Lewis