[Sca-cooks] Re: Peacock

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 21:01:42 PDT 2003

Pani Jadwiga asked:
> > What happens if you steam the skin, or the whole bird including the
> > detached skin? Does it still fit on the bird, with feathers not too
> > ruffled?
>
> I don't know-- but wouldn't steaming the skin enough to kill salmonella
> destroy the feathers?
I believe one suggestion made in the past was to tan the skin with the
feathers. Then you would have a reusable "peacock", although I guess
you have to somehow prevent cross contamination between the cooked
peacock and the tanned skin. A plastic bag liner?
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com