[Sca-cooks] Yellow carrots?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 21:15:22 PDT 2003

UlfR asked:
> I just found a bunch of yellow carrots in the market. Anyone know how
> they are related to the medieval "white" ones?
Medieval carrots came in several colors, including, I believe, orange.
And I think yellow is one of the colors. The orange wasn't the "sweet"
one that took over in the 16th? century.
For more details, see this file in the Florilegium:
root-veg-msg      (87K)  6/29/01    Medieval and period root vegetables.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/root-veg-msg.html

Bear? Got anything to add? Or correct?
Stefan
--------