[Sca-cooks] olwyn the odd... help?

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 17 14:13:20 PDT 2003

Well, I don't know if this helps much, but here are the holidays I've got in
my book for Feb. 21st.
Christianna

FEB 21
Feralia - Ancient Rome - Holiday sacred to Jupiter, whose surname was
Feretrius.  This was the last day of the Parentalia festival honoring the
Dead, and the temples would be opened at noon.

St. Peter Damian's Feast Day (1072) Patron Invoked against Headaches.
Italian hermit, Camaldolese monk, Cardinal. A flagellant, he threw himself
into thorn bushes at the onset of impure thoughts. The first to warn against
the evils of marriage within the clergy.

It's for February 21. The Anonymous Andalusian text mentions fruits made
out of marzipan...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa,