[Sca-cooks] Need Help with a recipe...

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Thu Sep 25 19:54:04 PDT 2003

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

> Also sprach kattratt:
>

> Is saffron an issue for you or are you just in league with His Grace?
> Either is fine with me, but I did notice that you seem to leave it out
> (as well as the cinnamon, I believe). How come you're coloring
> one-third of the cream instead of half? Just curious...

Welpers Honest response here.  I am not in league with anybody I had
simply cut and pasted the recipe.... We had not honestly gotten to the
yellowing part yet...
So No Saffron is not an issue for me.  Although honestly modern food
coloring is easier.... (Sorry)

> . I think it is the intention of the original cook / author to produce
> something more like a thick custard (actually something like an early
> form of frangipane cream).

Actually that was what my wife was thinking as well. thanks for your
Nichola