[Sca-cooks] meet your meat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 22:09:06 PDT 2003

Iasmin asked:
> A quick look through the archives and at the Florilegium hasn't yielded
> me many results, so I thought I'd try here...
No, I'm sorry there aren't any files specifically on this in the
Florilegium. I had saved a few messages but I'd been waiting for more
before I created a file. Then I lost that file in my disk crash last
April. :-(

> (1) If you were to take a class on meat ID, what would you like to
> learn? What would you find useful?
meat ID? You mean how to tell the differance between beef, horse, lamb,
dog, cat, squirrel etc? Or are you thinking of something else?

> (2) I don't have any good manuscripts in my possession (only cookbooks)
> describing period meat cuts (or their locations or the husbandry that
> goes behind the meat).
Perhaps the period books on carving meat? I think one or more of these
have been talked about here before. I think I may have bought one this
last Pennsic, but if so it is currently packed away for moving.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com