[Sca-cooks] Royal authenticity

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Sep 26 06:22:25 PDT 2003

> So, are there any Royalty that encourage authenticity? Or do these
> non-authentic examples stand out more *because* they are the exception?
> And no, I am not trying to put down any particular Royalty, which is
> why I left the names off. Although I might be willing to try to give
> word fame to those Royals that have done an outstanding job at
> encouraging authenticity.

Well, there are two possible explainations of the inclusion of non-period
soft drinks. Duke Hanse von Drakenclaue of the East, in his second reign,
proclaimed that all feasts should have steak and potatoes (as one of his
royal whims). This is overt discouragement of authenticity. However, there
are certainly those royals whose personal preferences run to include soft
drinks as well as period drinks and when someone is directed to feed them,
those personal preferences are made known. If Their Majesties require
caffeinated soda for themselves and their retinue, and one is polite
enough to purchase it for them and serve it to them discreetly, that is a
matter of personal preference.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
 "in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)