[Sca-cooks] Royal authenticity

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Sep 26 06:42:07 PDT 2003

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>The days of making mead or brewing beer for a feast are over. Open
>bars are no more.
>
>I suppose offering them water only would have been more "period." It
>would not have been more hospitable nor fitting to the occasion. It
>was my intention all along to comply as best as I could with their
>wishes.

Under the circumstances, I certainly would have no actual complaint
about the Brisk, etc. We tend to do lemonade or soft apple cider,
around here, mostly.

But we've also brewed fresh ale, unfermented, which is sweet, malty,
and nourishing, if not as clear as its aged counterpart. We've even
force-carbonated it. Same for various meads, plain and spiced.

But given the effort involved, you may find that the level of
appreciation is such that it may or may not be worth it in your area.

Adamantius