[Sca-cooks] Royal authenticity

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 08:36:32 PDT 2003

I was under the impression that ginger ale and
root beer had recipe ancestors during SCA period.
What I am trying to say is that what we currently
drink is not exactly what was drunk during SCA
period, but are the decendents of small beers and
ales and are more related to period drinks than
iced tea or lemonade.

If I recall correctly, water was rarely drunk
plain during period because most of the water
sources were polluted with waste.

Huette

--- johnna holloway

=====