[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Mon Sep 29 10:25:16 PDT 2003

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> [2003.09.29] wrote:
> This looks promising but is in Norwegian:

I may not speak/read/write Norwegian fluently, but that almost
certainly isn't Norwegian.

> Centralmakt och domsmakt :
> studier kring den högsta rättskipningen i kung Magnus Erikssons länder

"Central power and judicial power: studies of the highest judgements in
King Magnus Erikssons countries."

I can't think of a better way to translate "högsta rättskipningen" than
"highest judements", but my translation flows like half-frozen cow
manure. Think supreme court functions in US terms. I.e. it is dealing
with law and power, and how these interacted.

> 1319-1355 /
> Author: Ranehök, Allan, 1931-
> Publication: Uppsala : Stockholm : [Univ.] ; distr., Almqvist & Wiksell,
> 1975

Published in Uppsala in Sweden, by a Swedish publisher; almost certainly
Swedish.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                             ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Graduate life: It's not just a job.  It's an indenture.