[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 11:02:53 PDT 2003

Brangwayna wrote:
>  Clearly, England has the concept of a cut-off line between
>  when something is alcohol and when it's not based on the
>  percentage.  Do we here in the US?

I confess not to be a lawyer and therefore not to be a good resource
on this, but i will pipe in anyway to say that i think this would
vary state by state, and in some places, county by county.

For example, when i lived in New York City, in Manhattan (1967-69)
the drinking age there was 18, while in the rest of New York State it
was 21. Now, i understand that it's all uniform.

However, i mention this because there are still towns and counties
that are dry or have blue laws, when other parts of the same state do
not. I suspect one may need to take these into account at events...

Anahita