[Sca-cooks] Trionfi and April trip

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Apr 1 04:30:15 PST 2004

What are Trionfi or Trionfi di Tavola ?

Trionfi, according to John Florio’s Italian dictionary of 1611,means
“triumph.” Here the word refers to the sweet sculptural components of
the Renaissance and Baroque Italian banquet. No funeral, festival,
procession, wedding, state visit or state banquet was complete without
an elaborate display of created sugar works or trionfi.

Can you tell that there's a handout and that there will be an article?

Johnnae