[Sca-cooks] Grain mill question

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Apr 6 20:09:53 PDT 2004

At 08:14 PM 4/6/2004, you wrote:
>Have a bit of an odd question but here goes.  I have a friend who's
>planning to bake all of her own bread the odd thing is she also want's to
>grind her own grain.  The part that isn't, in my opinion, reasonable she
>whants to do it with a hand quern.

Does she actually know anything about this? Does she know that using a
quern is such ugly, bonebreaking (literally, if you've seen the
archeological studies) work that women gleefully paid real money to have
the miller grin their grain at the mill?There's a reason why it works that
way...

'Lainie

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918