[Sca-cooks] fruit trees

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 16:18:54 PDT 2004

Huette commented:
> The last bumper crop provided more
> than 40 quarts of canned fruit, numerous pies,
> cobblers and other desserts and I still gave
> away lugs and lugs of fruit.
Wow. How many trees did it take to produce this much fruit?

Of course I can remember the peach tree at my old house producing
enough peaches to break the limbs. Beating the birds to the peaches
though was a problem. They would peck a hole out of a peach and then, I
guess, move to another.

Stefan
Wondering if he should have gotten a bigger yard this time. But that
would have meant a smaller house or a longer drive. And I haven't found
time to start my herb garden, yet.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com