[Sca-cooks] Information and History of Cannelés

emma at protege.sca.org emma at protege.sca.org
Tue Apr 13 10:48:29 PDT 2004

Greetings,

I'm new to this list...so let me introduce myself before asking questions. :)

I'm Emma Dandelion from Drachenwald most recently. I love to bake and cook
all manner of dishes.  I especially love trying to make new sweet things.

I already have several modern recipes on cannelés.

I have been searching for more information about Cannelés, they have
crunchy outsides, soft insides (kind of like custard), and are crown
shaped, but they are not like anything I've ever had before.  I only know
that they are from the Bourdeaux Region of France and date to about the
14th century.  Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks,
Emma Dandelion