[Sca-cooks] grape varietals & mustard (was Wine must???)

pandoraf at verizon.net pandoraf at verizon.net
Mon Apr 19 14:38:26 PDT 2004

what is the grape varietal that you found?

I recently made Mustardo Amabile (Platina, from Cariadoc's Miscellany) and could only find Thompson seedless (a table grape variety, I'm not sure if they're Old World or New World), and my mustard tasted like grape jam mixed with mustard. I am imagining the taste would be different if made with muscat or pinot grapes, or some other Old World wine-making varietal.

I'd be interested in hearing about your mustard-making!